航运英语与函电-进港操作实用英语大全-准备舷梯

§10 Preparing  The   Gangway

准备舷梯

(A-Agent S-Sailor on watch)

A: Hello, sailor, will you lower the gangway now?

你好,水手。现能放下舷梯吗?

S: Wait a minute, please. I’m waiting for the order from the bridge for lowering the gangway. But, you see, berthing is not finish yet, watch your head! The gangway is coming down now.

请等一等,我正等待驾驶台发出放舷梯的命令,但是您是知道的,靠泊还没完呢。小心头,舷梯放下来了。

A: Hold it, quartermaster! The ladder is going to hit the bitt down here.

停住,舵工!梯子要碰到底下的系缆桩了。

S: I’ll come down and see. Oh, I see. Will you help me pull the ladder?

我下来看看。噢,是的,请帮我拉一拉梯子好吗?

A: All right. That’s good. Now, don’t forget to spread the safety net, quartermaster!

好的,这下好了,舵工,不要忘了装安全网。

S: Yes, we’re going to put it up right away. Will this do?

是,我们准备马上装,这样行吗?

A: You should give it a little more slack. Otherwise it’ll break when the tide rises.

你要系松一点,不然涨潮时会绷断的。

S: I see. What about the ladder? Will it be at a very steep angle when the tide rises?

明白了,梯子怎么样?涨潮时角度会太陡吗?

A: No, the ladder is all right. The rise of the tide is about five feet.

不,梯子没问题。潮水涨高大约5英尺。

S; I must fix the safety net and handrail.

我必须把安全网和扶手装妥。

A: Yes, port authority has special regulations.

是的,港口当局有专门的规定。

发表回复

您的电子邮箱地址不会被公开。 必填项已用 * 标注